Wednesday, September 26, 2007

somebody pinch me

have you ever had a moment in your life when you realize you're doing exactly what you want to be doing? have you ever wanted to tap dance gleefully down the street a la gene kelley? i had one of those moments yesterday.

i was in nyc, sitting in bryant park. it was a gorgeous day and i was enjoying a soy latte and the free wireless the park was providing me. i decided to check my phone messages and discovered that the magazine had called. i called them back and found out that i GOT THE INTERNSHIP. i really don't think i've been more ecstatic in my life... there was of course nobody around to celebrate wtih, and i really considered waking up the guy sleeping two tables away from me just to be able to tell someone. it's like everything i've ever dreamed for in my life is happening. i'm now moving to nyc to work for one of my favorite magazines in one of the best sections of manhattan. bryant park is the next block over. times square is in front of me. i get my own id badge and have to walk into one of those big buildings because i work there.

the job sounds amazing too. i'll be working with the promotion and marketing department, researching premiums, sitting in on sales meetings, handling inventory, controlling event guest lists and making travel arrangements. i've got a lot on my plate, seeing how i'll still be doing up to 15 hours a week with p.b.loco. that's a fifty-five hour work week. yikes.

i was in the city yesterday looking for an apartment. i found an amazing one in brooklyn and we're in the process of applying for it. i've been up to my ears in paperwork today, working from eight to four making sure i had all of my apartment and work forms in order. hopefully everything will come together because i start my job monday. as in this monday. i hope i'm ready.

No comments: